[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] SNMP packages for the Macintosh?

JAFFE@SSCVX1.SSC.GOV (03/11/91)

I am looking for any information on public domain software packages which allow
a Macintosh to query SNMP agents.  Pointers to possible FTP sites would be
appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Mike Jaffe
SSC Laboratory

kdb@macaw.intercon.com (Kurt Baumann) (03/13/91)

In article <910311095333.20208334@SSCVX1.SSC.GOV>, JAFFE@SSCVX1.SSC.GOV writes:

> I am looking for any information on public domain software packages which
allow
> a Macintosh to query SNMP agents.  Pointers to possible FTP sites would be
> appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
>
> Mike Jaffe
> SSC Laboratory

I too would be interested in this, as I think that only SNMP station currently
for the Mac is our commercial one.  It would be interesting to see what PD ones
are available as well.

Kurt

Kurt Baumann                       InterCon Systems Corporation
703.709.9890                      Creators of fine TCP/IP products
703.709.9896 FAX               for the Macintosh.

ejbehr@rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu (Eric Behr) (03/14/91)

Quoting from today's MacLeak:

"Much to the delight of network managers and developers, Apple has dropped
its plans for a proprietary network-management scheme and switched to an
industry standard (i.e. SNMP). [...]".

We might see something in this area after all. The same article mentions
Intercon's SNMP net monitor "WatchTower", due out in May 91.
--
Eric Behr, Illinois State University, Mathematics Department
Internet: ejbehr@rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu    Bitnet: ebehr@ilstu