[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] TCP/IP SLIP

sfrazier@vlink01.UUCP (Steven E. Frazier) (03/21/91)

Could someone help me out?  I have SCO Unix TCP/IP.  It only allows
one SLIP connection at a time.  Does anyone (Interactive, are you out
there) that makes a TCP/IP package that will allow more that one
SLIP connection at a time?

I would like to do something like this:

Location 1             Location 2                 Location 3
Machine A              Machine B                  Machine C
SLIP ----------><------SLIP  SLIP -----------><-------SLIP

I would like to have all three machines up @ 9.6 speed all of
the time with this arrangement.  Any ideas?  Please email
me what you think if you would.

Thanks.

DRWilliams@cup.portal.com (Dave Richard Williams) (03/22/91)

SCO Unix 3.2 only allows one SLIP at a time?  Did you find this someplace
in the documentation?  IF so please pass info as to where.  I'm working
on a systemm where we'll need to do what you show. (2 SLIPS off one host)
and would hate to get boxed in if that is truly the case.

 Mind you I'm new at all this and my SLIP experience on SCO is very
limited.  I've managed to establish a session from a PC running KA9Q's NET
but that's about it.

Have you tried doing multiply "slattach"es?  I would think it should
be possible as it labels the connections as "sl0" to indicate the first
SLIP.  Don't have the specs handy, but just type "slattach" for param
lists.

jdeitch@jadpc.cts.com (Jim Deitch) (03/22/91)

In article <5@vlink01.UUCP> sfrazier@vlink01.UUCP (Steven E. Frazier) writes:
>Could someone help me out?  I have SCO Unix TCP/IP.  It only allows
>one SLIP connection at a time.  Does anyone (Interactive, are you out
>there) that makes a TCP/IP package that will allow more that one
>SLIP connection at a time?
>
>I would like to do something like this:
>
>Location 1             Location 2                 Location 3
>Machine A              Machine B                  Machine C
>SLIP ----------><------SLIP  SLIP -----------><-------SLIP
>
>I would like to have all three machines up @ 9.6 speed all of
>the time with this arrangement.  Any ideas?  Please email
>me what you think if you would.
>
>Thanks.

I have been trying to get a difinitive answer from SCO on this for
about 5 weeks.  A person at SCO, ericd, told me it was possible to
have more than one slip.  It was reiterated by paul@bohdan.  He
supposedly sent a script which let this happen.  The script either
didn't arrive, or got eaten somewhere.  I fired off a request to
support@sco.com but have heard nothing but all the machines at sco
tell me the message was delivered.

Paul, if you are out there, the script didn't arrive. Please send it
again.

SCO, if you are out there, a response, negative or positive, would be
appreciated, besides the return receipt (which I didn't ask for) from
each of the people that get mail under support@sco.com.

Anyone else?

Jim
--