Yes. It's speced that way. It works.

   Date:         Fri, 05 Apr 91 13:35:03 EST
   From: SSJACK%ECUVM1.BITNET@ncsuvm.ncsu.edu

   Out of curiosity, I have a question regarding 10BASET wiring:

   Can two PC's with 10BASET cards be wired back to back using a single
   twisted pair wire (RJ45s) with the transmit and receive pairs swapped
   via a crossover block -- effectively producing a two machine ethernet?

   Jack E. McCoy                                     SSJACK@ECUVM1.BITNET
   Systems Programmer                                 (919) 757 - 6401
   East Carolina University                          Greenville, NC 27858

wmah@nro.cs.athabascau.ca (Wayne Mah) (04/07/91)

faunt@CISCO.COM (Doug Faunt N6TQS 415-688-8269) writes:

> Yes. It's speced that way. It works.
>
>    Date:         Fri, 05 Apr 91 13:35:03 EST
>    From: SSJACK%ECUVM1.BITNET@ncsuvm.ncsu.edu
>

>    Out of curiosity, I have a question regarding 10BASET wiring:
>
>    Can two PC's with 10BASET cards be wired back to back using a single
>    twisted pair wire (RJ45s) with the transmit and receive pairs swapped
>    via a crossover block -- effectively producing a two machine ethernet?
>
>    ======================================================================
>    Jack E. McCoy                                     SSJACK@ECUVM1.BITNET
>    Systems Programmer                                 (919) 757 - 6401
>    East Carolina University                          Greenville, NC 27858
>    ======================================================================

I have successly done what you propose.  I have the WD EtherCard Plus
10BaseT card that shows a successful connection by lighting its link
light.

Wayne Mah             ersys!wmah@nro.cs.athabascau.ca
Edmonton Remote Systems:  Serving Northern Alberta since 1982

swansonc@acc.stolaf.edu (Chris Swanson) (04/08/91)

I have a question about making a two-node ethernet.  I will be getting
an Amiga 3000UX-D (AUI and thinnet) and a Sun 2 w/ only an AUI port.
The machines will be close (within 10 ft, probably within 5 ft).  What
I want to know is if I can someway reliably tie the two machines
together via the AUI ports, excusing me from the cost of a
thinnet-to-AUI transciever.  If the solution costs more than an
AUI-to-thinnet transeiver, then I will just buy the transeiver.

On that note, is there someone out there that would be willing to sell
(cheaply) a transeiver for thinnet?

Please reply via e-mail, I will follow-up if there is intrest.

	Thank's in advance,
	-Chris

--
Chris Swanson, Chem/CS/Pre-med Undergrad, St. Olaf College, Northfield,MN 55057
 DDN: (CDS6)   INTERNET:  swansonc@acc.stolaf.edu  UUCP: uunet!stolaf!swansonc