[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] Ethernet spec. - where to get

jgd@Dixie.Com (John G. DeArmond) (04/08/91)

I'd like to find out where to order the original Ethernet specification.
NOT 802.3, which I already have, but the original "Green Book" specification.
Commercial or PD sources are fine.  Please reply by email.

Thanks in advance,
John

--
John De Armond, WD4OQC        | "Purveyors of speed to the Trade"  (tm)
Rapid Deployment System, Inc. |  Home of the Nidgets (tm)

gordon@FTP.COM (Gordon Lee) (04/11/91)

>From: ogicse!emory!dixie.com!jgd@decwrl.dec.com  (John G. DeArmond)
>Subject: Ethernet spec. - where to get
>
>I'd like to find out where to order the original Ethernet specification.
>NOT 802.3, which I already have, but the original "Green Book" specification.
>Commercial or PD sources are fine.  Please reply by email.

Green ?  Don't you mean Blue Book ?  As in DIX (DecIntelXerox) ethernet ?

contact:   Fonda Lix Pallone
	   Xerox Systems Institute
	   475 Oakmead Parkway
	   Sunnyvale, CA  94086
	   (408) 737-4652

== Gordon Lee                 FTP Software Inc
== voice: (617) 246-0900      26 Princess St
== fax:   (617) 245-7943      Wakefield, MA  01880