[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] HyperFTP

dug@CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL.EDU (03/19/91)

There was a question on this list about client FTP implementations for
the Macintosh.  Here's some information from the author, Doug Hornig,
about a Hypercard-based FTP client from Cornell.

Mark Bodenstein  (mab@cornellc.cit.cornell.edu; 607-255-8059)
Cornell University
Mark,
Yep HyperFTP is in the public domain.  I first send copies to
sumex-aim.standford.edu where it can be anonymously FTPd from the
/info-mac/comm directory.  I've seen it show up in other places as well.
-- Doug

sfalken@caen.engin.umich.edu (Steve Falkenburg) (04/12/91)

In article <9103181622.AA01779@elroy.cit.cornell.edu>, dug@CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL.EDU writes:

> There was a question on this list about client FTP implementations for
> the Macintosh.  Here's some information from the author, Doug Hornig,
> about a Hypercard-based FTP client from Cornell.
>
> Mark Bodenstein  (mab@cornellc.cit.cornell.edu; 607-255-8059)
> Cornell University
> Mark,
> Yep HyperFTP is in the public domain.  I first send copies to
> sumex-aim.standford.edu where it can be anonymously FTPd from the
> /info-mac/comm directory.  I've seen it show up in other places as well.
> -- Doug

Just for some self-advertising, there is a Macintosh Application to
do FTP available from mondo.engin.umich.edu (141.212.68.14).  It's
called XferIt, and is based on a multi-window browser type
interface.  It supports multiple connections, and will transfer
files in the background (including bulk transfers).

For more info, etc... just download it from mondo.engin.umich.edu,
or mail me (I'm the author) for more info.

-steve

(P.S. also coming soon: yet another Mac newsreader in the next
issue of Apple's "develop" magazine, and probably posted to
the net soon after)

Steve Falkenburg (sfalken@mondo.engin.umich.edu)   | Great pate', but
Macintosh Programming/Support                      | I've gotta motor!
Computer Aided Engineering Network, U of Michigan  |  -Heathers