[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] tn3270 key mapping for DECstations

RHH@BROWNVM.BROWN.EDU (Bob Haring-Smith) (04/13/91)

Has anyone devised a key mapping for tn3270 on DECstations that takes
advantage of the function keys on the keyboard?  I would love to
received a copy of the map file if you have.  Many thanks in advance.

                                           --Bob Haring-Smith
                                             rhh@brownvm.brown.edu
                                             401-863-1982

spgdrp@GANGES.UCOP.EDU ("Donald R. Proctor spgdrp@ganges.ucop.edu") (04/16/91)

  Has anyone devised a key mapping for tn3270 on DECstations that takes
  advantage of the function keys on the keyboard?  I would love to
  received a copy of the map file if you have.  Many thanks in advance.

  --Bob Haring-Smith
  rhh@brownvm.brown.edu
  401-863-1982

Gee, I'd even settle for the cursor keys (and maybe more reasonable
handling of highlighted screen characters).  Would you send me a note if
you get replies to this?

Thanks, Don.

Donald R. Proctor			<spgdrp@ganges.ucop.edu>
University of California		<spgdrp@uccvma.bitnet>

jmg@cernvax.cern.ch (mike gerard) (04/20/91)

In article <9104151708.AA14025@ganges.ucop.edu> spgdrp@GANGES.UCOP.EDU ("Donald R. Proctor   spgdrp@ganges.ucop.edu") writes:

>  Has anyone devised a key mapping for tn3270 on DECstations that takes
>  advantage of the function keys on the keyboard?  I would love to
>  received a copy of the map file if you have.  Many thanks in advance.
>
>Gee, I'd even settle for the cursor keys (and maybe more reasonable
>handling of highlighted screen characters).  Would you send me a note if
>you get replies to this?

Am I being stupid and missing something?
I run a strongly modified version of tn3270 on DECstations including
my own. I have various mappings, which are normally chosen as a function
of the TERM value (but can be overridden with a KEYMAP name).
Normally TERM is either xterm (if I run xterm) or vt300 (if I run a
dxterm window).
The function keys work fine except when the window manager is set up
to grab them first!
I don't understand the "highlighted screen characters" remarks: I do
actually do things with such characters, under the overall control
of the various termcap entries for blink, reverse, bold etc.
--
 _ _  o |            __                    |    jmg@cernvax.uucp