[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] Seeking SNMP Agent Tests

wil@hpcndm.CND.HP.COM (Wilson E Brumley) (04/25/91)

Does any know where I might get a test (or set of tests) for an SNMP
agent?  Have any of the standards groups developed such tests?

Wil Brumley

jchen@flash.bellcore.com (Jason Chen) (04/30/91)

In article <810018@hpcndm.CND.HP.COM> wil@hpcndm.CND.HP.COM (Wilson E Brumley) writes:
>Does any know where I might get a test (or set of tests) for an SNMP
>agent?  Have any of the standards groups developed such tests?

There is an article in Network World (4/22/91) on this topic. This
article provides test results of SNMP agent implementations on bridges.
An quite interesting article.

I called the author's company for more information. They said that
they were also doing similar tests for routers. Reports would be
available in September, and cost about $3k a piece.

C. Jason Chen
jchen@ctt.bellcore.com