[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] Enhancements to tftpd anyone ?

perand@admin.kth.se (Per Andersson) (05/07/91)

Hi.

I have been thinking about the way standard BSD tftp works, and I am
thinking about implementing some sort of access control.  One possible,
and for me satisfying solution would be to implement two access tables,
in one or two files, specifying which hosts who may read, and which hosts
who may write.  For example:

foo.bar.dom
bar.bar.dom write

would mean that both of them can read my tftp directory, but only bar would
be able to write.

Has anybody done this already ?
Am I considering something fundamentally wrong ?

Per
--
Per Andersson (perand@admin.kth.se, perand@stacken.kth.se)
Now working at Bofors Electronics, managing networks,

dfk@NIC.EU.net (Daniel Karrenberg) (05/07/91)

perand@admin.kth.se (Per Andersson) writes:
>I have been thinking about the way standard BSD tftp works, and I am
>thinking about implementing some sort of access control.

You might want to look at mcsun.eu.net:~ftp/network/tftpd.shar.Z
This implements read access control and a tftp spool directory.

Daniel
--
Daniel Karrenberg                    Future Net:  <dfk@cwi.nl>
CWI, Amsterdam                        Oldie Net:  mcsun!dfk