[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] traceroute ????

aets-kja-a-ao3@ansbach-emh1.army.mil ("Thomas F. Pockberger") (05/10/91)

I know this is a "silly" question but still ....

Can somebody explain me what traceroute is and how it works?

Please don't revere me to the SA here, she doesn't know.

Thanks for all your kind help.

Pocky

In article <9105100850.AA13983@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> aets-kja-a-ao3@ansbach-emh1.army.mil ("Thomas F. Pockberger") writes:
>I know this is a "silly" question but still ....
>Can somebody explain me what traceroute is and how it works?
>Please don't revere me to the SA here, she doesn't know.

System administrators should always be revered :-)

I won't refer you to your SA, but I will refer you to the man page.  The
one we have contains a fairly complete description of how it works.

If you don't have the man page, send me mail and I'll forward it to you.
--
Barry Margolin, Thinking Machines Corp.

barmar@think.com
{uunet,harvard}!think!barmar

steinour@cc.gettysburg.EDU (05/10/91)

Dear Pocky,

Please do me a favor, when you find out send the information to me if
it is not on the list. I would greatly appreciate it....

Thanks,

Dave Steinour
Gettysburg College
steinour@gburg.bitnet