[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] Prog. for SUN to reassemble IP-packets wanted.

assg7@fel.tno.nl (Rene van den Assem) (05/22/91)

The subjects says it all:

I have a SUN set up as a router between two subnets. On one of
the subnets I have FTPs PC/TCP, which doesn't properly support
fragmented IP-packets. However, I like this package, so I want
to do the reassembly in the router (through which all IP-packets
are going). I know that this isn't the standard way of doing things,
but is there anyone out there who has a program to do this
(on a SUN SS1).

Rene van den Assem,
assem@tnofel.fel.tno.nl,
+31703264221

elogan@hp835.mitek.com (Ernie Logan) (05/23/91)

In article <1991May22.140406.19366@fel.tno.nl> assg7@fel.tno.nl (Rene van den Assem) writes:
>The subjects says it all:
>
>I have a SUN set up as a router between two subnets. On one of
>the subnets I have FTPs PC/TCP, which doesn't properly support
>fragmented IP-packets. However, I like this package, so I want
>to do the reassembly in the router (through which all IP-packets
>are going). I know that this isn't the standard way of doing things,
>but is there anyone out there who has a program to do this
>(on a SUN SS1).
>
>Rene van den Assem,
>assem@tnofel.fel.tno.nl,
>+31703264221

Rene:

FTP, Inc. say they fixed fragmented IP packet problem in version 2.04.
2.05 is the current version. Try contacting them at support@ftp.com. for an
update. I too like this package.

Ernie Logan
AS/400 TCP/IP Development