[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] NDIS compliant TELNET? Please help.

mcginnis@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (05/24/91)

I need to run DEC PathWorks and TELNET on personal computers.  It
looks like PathWorks will only work with NDIS protocol compliant
network packet drivers...

Anybody out there make a TELNET that will work with NDIS?

Any clues will be much appreciated and undoubtedly earn the giver
much good karma.

Thanks.

Michael McGinnis            internet: mcginnis@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu
Academic Computing Center     bitnet: mcginnis@ukanvax
University of Kansas           voice: (913)864-0413
Lawrence, Kansas  66045          FAX: (913)864-0485

In article <1991May23.171854.31021@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu> mcginnis@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu writes:

   I need to run DEC PathWorks and TELNET on personal computers.  It
   looks like PathWorks will only work with NDIS protocol compliant
   network packet drivers...

   Anybody out there make a TELNET that will work with NDIS?

Maybe, but none of the free ones do.  Use dis_pkt instead.  It was recently
mentioned in comp.archives...

--
--russ <nelson@clutx.clarkson.edu> I'm proud to be a humble Quaker.
Clear cutting is criminal, spiking trees is criminal, and using hyperbole of

mitton@enet.dec.com (Dave Mitton) (05/25/91)

 >From: mcginnis@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu
 >Newsgroups: comp.protocols.tcp-ip
 >Subject: NDIS compliant TELNET?  Please help.
 >Date: 23 May 91 22:18:54 GMT

 >I need to run DEC PathWorks and TELNET on personal computers.  It
 >looks like PathWorks will only work with NDIS protocol compliant
 >network packet drivers...

 >Anybody out there make a TELNET that will work with NDIS?

Not sure I understand the problem.  Digital's PATHWORKS V4.0 TCP/IP
support _INCLUDES_ a TELNET that works with NDIS IP stack.   It's also
supported by our SETHOST terminal emulator.

	Dave.