[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] Congestion Avoidance-Sources Needed

WELDEN@JAGUAR.ESS.HARRIS.COM (06/05/91)

Thanks to those who responded to my request for assistance. I now need some
references to RFCs, etc which discuss the procedures and/or algorithms that
have been suggested be use with TCP:

   1. Jacobson
   2. Karels
   3. Karn

I would appreciate your suggestions.

Walter Elden, Harris Corp-GCSD
welden@jaguar.ess.harris.com
407/729-3661    407/729-2855 FAX

craig@sics.se (Craig Partridge) (06/05/91)

In <9106050941.AA15632@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> WELDEN@JAGUAR.ESS.HARRIS.COM writes:

>Thanks to those who responded to my request for assistance. I now need some
>references to RFCs, etc which discuss the procedures and/or algorithms that
>have been suggested be use with TCP:

>   1. Jacobson
>   2. Karels
>   3. Karn

Karn's algorithm is described in Karn & Partridge's paper in the Proc.
    SIGCOMM '87

Jacobson's work with Karels is described in Jacobson's paper in Proc.
    SIGCOMM '88

Craig Partridge
Editor, ACM SIGCOMM Computer Communication Review