[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] Van Jacobson's algorithms

dhh@hpcndpc.CND.HP.COM (David Hanes) (06/01/91)

I am trying to locate any information concerning Van Jacobson's
header prediction algorithms.  If anyone could point me in the
right direction, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,
David Hanes

Hewlett-Packard
Colorado Networks Division
3404 E. Harmony Road - Mail stop 102
Fort Collins, CO  80525

skl@wimsey.bc.ca (Samuel Lam) (06/04/91)

In article <810026@hpcndpc.CND.HP.COM>, dhh@hpcndpc.CND.HP.COM (David Hanes)
 wrote:
>I am trying to locate any information concerning Van Jacobson's
>header prediction algorithms.

It's in RFC 1144.

--
<skl@wimsey.bc.ca>

steve@sics.se (Steve Pink) (06/12/91)

    wrote:
   >I am trying to locate any information concerning Van Jacobson's
   >header prediction algorithms.

   It's in RFC 1144.

   --
   <skl@wimsey.bc.ca>

RFC 1144 describes TCP header compression.  Jacobson's TCP header
prediction can be found in ACM Computer Communication Review, Volume 20,
Number 2, April 1990.

Steve

--
Stephen Pink