[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] SNMP monitoring software -- available in the PD?

kdenning@genesis.Naitc.Com (Karl Denninger) (06/14/91)

Good evening!

We're looking for SNMP software for our Sun and other machines.  Does such a
beast exist in the public domain (or in a reusable form), and if so, does
anyone have a pointer to a suitable FTP site for it?

Thanks!

--
Karl Denninger - AC Nielsen, Bannockburn IL (708) 317-3285
kdenning@nis.naitc.com

"The most dangerous command on any computer is the carriage return."
Disclaimer:  The opinions here are solely mine and may or may not reflect
  	     those of the company.

rwskubow@GRAND.WATERLOO.EDU (Rog Skubowius) (06/17/91)

--> From tcp-ip-RELAY@NIC.DDN.MIL Sat Jun 15 10:50:04 1991
--> From: cis.ohio-state.edu!zaphod.mps.ohio-state.edu!caen!Firewall!genesis!kdenning@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU  (Karl Denninger)
--> Subject: SNMP monitoring software -- available in the PD?
--> Sender: tcp-ip-relay@nic.ddn.mil
--> To: tcp-ip@nic.ddn.mil
-->
--> Good evening!
-->
--> We're looking for SNMP software for our Sun and other machines.  Does such a
--> beast exist in the public domain (or in a reusable form), and if so, does
--> anyone have a pointer to a suitable FTP site for it?
-->
--> Thanks!
-->
--> --
--> Karl Denninger - AC Nielsen, Bannockburn IL (708) 317-3285
--> kdenning@nis.naitc.com
-->
--> "The most dangerous command on any computer is the carriage return."
--> Disclaimer:  The opinions here are solely mine and may or may not reflect
-->   	     those of the company.
-->
Check out RFC1147 --> lots of PD stuff...

Rog.