[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] can a Bridge do null padding

warren@worlds.com (Warren Burstein) (06/21/91)

This is really a Bridge question.  Is there a Bridge group?

I'm trying to get a uucp link working.  I am dialing from SCO Unix,
thru a Telebit Trailblazer Plus, to a Microcom AX/2400 which talks to
a Bridge, from there to a Decstation.  The protocol is failing, and it
seems that the reason is that an octal 15 is getting a spurious NUL
afterwards.  I have already disabled FCF and FCT.  Could the bridge be
doing this padding?

/|/-\/-\       The entire world			Jerusalem
 |__/__/_/     is a very strange carrot
 |warren@      But the farmer
/ worlds.COM   is not worried at all.

skl@wimsey.bc.ca (Samuel Lam) (06/21/91)

In article <9106202109.aa00454@vaccine.worlds.COM>, warren@worlds.com
 (Warren Burstein) wrote:
>I'm trying to get a uucp link working.  I am dialing from SCO Unix,
>thru a Telebit Trailblazer Plus, to a Microcom AX/2400 which talks to
>a Bridge, from there to a Decstation.  The protocol is failing, and it
>seems that the reason is that an octal 15 is getting a spurious NUL
>afterwards.  I have already disabled FCF and FCT.  Could the bridge be
>doing this padding?

It sounds like your "bridge" is really a terminal server (perhaps
made by a company named Bridge Communications).

The answer to your question is yes, it is very likely that your
terminal server is running as a Telnet client on that particular
serial port and is performing <CR> to <CR><NUL> mappings on the
inbound characters, assuming they are typed by a human user on
a terminal.

...Sam
--
<skl@wimsey.bc.ca>