[rec.autos] Was: "Re: '86 Camaro Computer System"

rs2@houxu.UUCP (Robert Switzer KA2CZU) (05/07/87)

Oops...
In article <972@houxu.UUCP>, rs2@houxu.UUCP (Robert Switzer KA2CZU) writes:
.
.
> and how much money they've brought in etc.  Someone in the service area
> was bold (stupid?) enough to ask what he thought about their work and
 the owner was asked by this foolish employee and the owner...
> said that "if GM didn't *make* me have a service department, you
> sons..<explitive>.. would be out on your ears".

sorry.

p.s.  I retract my summary line saying that dealers *don't* make
money on repairs.  They don't make money doing warranty service
which is the *only* reason they really have service departments,
anyway.
--
<Disclaimer: the above are my sole representations and not the
 official opinion of my employer>