[comp.windows.news] Need a generalized user interface group.

bryce@COGSCI.BERKELEY.EDU (Bryce Nesbitt) (06/09/87)

In article <> tedcrane@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu.UUCP (Ted Crane) writes:
>In article <619@unicus.UUCP> craig@unicus.UUCP (Craig D. Hubley) writes:
>>
>> I vehemently support a comp.ui group.
>> [ Ongoing discussion on this topic is spread out in several places ]
>>
>I agree...the fellow has a good point.   Where's a good place to put discussion
>on this topic?

The group news.groups is for such discussion.  In this case, however, there is
a clear need.  Several steps of showing a need have be hurdled.  What a
volunteer needs to do is cross-post to all the scattered groups like:

comp.sys.mac,comp.sys.amiga,comp.windows,comp.windows.news,comp.windows.x,
comp.widows.misc,comp.os.research,comp.lang.smalltalk,news.groups
						      ^^^^^^^^^^^
(and others, check the spelling of the names)

Describe the purpose of the group, and the need clearly and compactly.

Ask for YES or NO votes about the subject of "comp.ui".  GIVE SEVERAL, CLEAR
ADDRESSES for yourself, as the responses will be by -->MAIL<--.

Tally the results and make a posting in news.groups.  Like a real-world
signature campaign, give the mail address of all positive responents in
your news.groups posting.

         Ack!  (NAK,EOT,SOH)
 |\ /|  .
 {o O} .  bryce@cogsci.berkeley.EDU -or- ucbvax!cogsci!bryce
 ( " )
   U      ClickToFront, I like it. (see your local comp.binaries.amiga group)