[comp.windows.news] Curses info ???

praticol@unioncs.UUCP (Lisa Pratico) (01/22/88)

I am interested in obtaining information on Unix/curses. I am trying to
develope a window management system using Curses but have been unable to
obtain any working demos or useful documentation. I am interested in demos
dealing with window manipulation. It would also help if I could find a
tutorial, if one is lying out there somewhere. The only documentation thus
far found, is in the Unix programmers manual, and it wasnt of much use.
I would appreciate it if anyone could send me any valuable information.
				     Thanks,
                                     Lisa A. Pratico
uunet!steinmetz!unioncs!praticol

mhc@arrow.UUCP (MH Cox) (01/26/88)

In article <520@unioncs.UUCP> praticol@unioncs.UUCP writes:

>I am interested in obtaining information on Unix/curses. I am trying to
>develope a window management system using Curses but have been unable to
>obtain any working demos or useful documentation. I am interested in demos
>dealing with window manipulation. It would also help if I could find a
>tutorial, if one is lying out there somewhere. The only documentation thus
>far found, is in the Unix programmers manual, and it wasnt of much use.
>I would appreciate it if anyone could send me any valuable information.
>				     Thanks,
>                                     Lisa A. Pratico
>uunet!steinmetz!unioncs!praticol

I've found two books that might come in handy (if anyone else knows any
others, please let me know!):

Programming with Curses
by John Strang
from InfoPro Systems (201) 989-0570

Topics in C Programming
by Stephen G. Kochan and Patrick H. Wood
ISBN 0-67246290-7

The first book is strictly System III, but is still pretty good.  The
second book has one chapter on CURSES for System V, but is NOT an
exhaustive tutorial by any means.
--
Michael H. Cox
(201) 580-8622