[comp.windows.news] Errata

earle@MAHENDO.JPL.NASA.GOV (Greg Earle) (05/15/88)

In my previous message about `NeWS networking', I said look at the *top* of
`init.ps'.  I meant look at the *bottom* (92% down, to be exact), specifically
look at the code that initializes `RemoteHostRegistry' and also look at
the use of `NetSecurityWanted'.  You can manually edit these yourself, or
use the capabilities of `newshost' that Stephen Page mentioned (better).

	- Greg Earle
	  Sun Microsystems
	  Los Angeles Regional Technical Consultant

orr@cs.glasgow.ac.uk (Fraser Orr) (05/17/88)

In article <8805151238.AA24236@mahendo.Jpl.Nasa.Gov> earle@MAHENDO.JPL.NASA.GOV (Greg Earle) writes:

>In my previous message about `NeWS networking', I said look at the *top* of
>`init.ps'.  I meant look at the *bottom* (92% down, to be exact), specifically
>look at the code that initializes `RemoteHostRegistry' and also look at
>the use of `NetSecurityWanted'.  You can manually edit these yourself, or
>use the capabilities of `newshost' that Stephen Page mentioned (better).

Or alternatively put something like ...

	/NetSecurityWanted false def

in your user.ps file!

Why do NeWS people constantly feel the need to hack the system files?

==Fraser Orr ( Dept C.S., Univ. Glasgow, Glasgow, G12 8QQ, UK)
UseNet: {uk}!cs.glasgow.ac.uk!orr       JANET: orr@uk.ac.glasgow.cs
ARPANet(preferred xAtlantic): orr%cs.glasgow.ac.uk@nss.cs.ucl.ac.uk