[comp.windows.news] "User Interface Toolkit in Object-Oriented Postscript"

RICHER@SUMEX-AIM.STANFORD.EDU (Mark Richer) (11/03/88)

I have a reminder to look for an article titled  "User Interface Toolkit in Object-Oriented Postscript"  by Densmore, et al in COmputer Graphics Forum.
I don't have access to this journal (despite my Stanford account, I am
no longer at or near Stanford so going to the CS library there is not a
practical suggestion).

Does someone have a net address or US mail address for Densmore or one
of the other authors? I was thinking of requesting a copy of the paper
directly from one of the authors.

Thanks,

Mark Richer
1041 Lake Street
San Francisco, CA 94118
-------

don@BRILLIG.UMD.EDU (Don Hopkins) (11/03/88)

Here's an old message with info about the paper you're looking for.
You should be able to order the proceedings with the paper from the
USENIX association. In any case, Owen's address is "owen@sun.com".

	-Don

From don@brillig.umd.edu  Sat Mar 28 00:54:49 1987
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 87 00:54:49 EST
From: NeWS-makers-request@brillig.umd.edu
Sender: don@brillig.umd.edu
To: news-makers@brillig.umd.edu
Subject: SunDew paper, and USENIX Proceedings

A paper by James Gosling about SunDew (now known as NeWS), called
"SunDew: A Distributed and Extensible Window System", appears in the
book "Methodology of Window Management" (ed.  F.R.A. Hopgood,
Springer-Verlag (1985)), which is the proceedings of an Alvey Workshop
held in April of 1985, in Abingdon, UK. It contains papers by Gosling,
Rosenthal, and Teitelman, and others, about several window systems,
including SunDew, SunWindows, Andrew, SmallTalk, Pilot, Cedar,
Saphire, and more.

Owen Densmore's paper, "Object Oriented Programming in NeWS" appears
in the Monterey Graphics Proceedings (Nov. 1986).

Article 59 of comp.org.usenix:
From: peter@usenix.UUCP (Peter Salus)
Subject: USENIX Proceedings
Date: 18 Feb 87 18:02:15 GMT

There have been several inquiries concerning USENIX
proceedings.  The Washington, DC, Proceedings are
available at $20/copy, US and Canadian postage included.
For *overseas* delivery add $5/copy surface mail, $25/copy
airmail.
The Monterey Graphics Proceedings (Nov. 1986) are available
at $10/copy; plus $5/copy overseas surface mail, $15/copy
airmail.

All orders must be prepaid in US dollars (checks payable on a
US bank).  Orders should be sent to
		USENIX Association
		PO Box 7
		El Cerrito, CA 94530

All other USENIX proceedings (*except* San Diego, 1983,
and Toronto, 1983) are still available, though the numbers
still available vary widely.  There is a full list in each
bimonthly issue of ;login:.  If you need further information,
inquire of usenix!office or phone 415-528-UNIX.

There are also some (not many) back issues of ;login:
available at $3/copy.

Peter H. Salus
Executive Director