[comp.windows.news] help with charpath

byennaco@lite.UUCP (Robert Yennaco) (01/14/89)

I'm new to the Postscript/NeWS world,  just running in a terminal emulator,
following the BLUE BOOK and interactively trying things out.  I have a simple
question that one of you NeWS hackers can probably answer for me.

The path construction operator, `charpath', doesn't seem to work.  Instead
of getting character outlines, I get the string's bounding box.
Anybody shed some light on this?

charlie@mica.stat.washington.edu (Charlie Geyer) (01/15/89)

In article <8901131858.AA05919@lite.sunecd.com> byennaco@lite.UUCP
(Robert Yennaco) writes:

>The path construction operator, `charpath', doesn't seem to work.  Instead
>of getting character outlines, I get the string's bounding box.
>Anybody shed some light on this?

It works.  Try

    /Helvetica findfont 100 scalefont setfont
    newpath
    100 300 moveto
    (Woof) false charpath flattenpath
    5 setlinewidth