[comp.windows.news] nesting windows doesn't work

frode@m2cs.uu.no (Frode Odegard) (01/26/89)

Oh no! It turns out that windows don't nest properly. I tried the following code:

/win {} makewindowfromuser def
/can win /ClientCanvas get def
/win2 can /new LiteWindow send def
20 20 100 100 /reshape win2 send
/map win2 send

but win2 doesn't appear. Does anyone have a subclass of LiteWindow or
anything that will fix this??

					- Frode

--
| Frode L. Odegard         |"The world is coming to an end! Repent and|
| Modula-2 CASE Systems    |rm /bin/cc"                               |

siegel@hc.DSPO.GOV (josh Siegel) (01/29/89)

In article <126@m2cs.uu.no> frode@m2cs.uu.no (Frode Odegard) writes:
 >Oh no! It turns out that windows don't nest properly.
 >   I tried the following code:
 >
 >/win {} makewindowfromuser def
 >/can win /ClientCanvas get def
 >/win2 can /new LiteWindow send def
 >20 20 100 100 /reshape win2 send
 >/map win2 send

Add:
win2 /FrameCanvas get /Transparent false put

 >but win2 doesn't appear. Does anyone have a subclass of LiteWindow or
 >anything that will fix this??

No need...

 >					- Frode

		--Josh Siegel
--
Josh Siegel		(siegel@hc.dspo.gov)
I like using a C-47A "puff dragon" to go shooting beer cans with.