[comp.windows.news] More questions

barnett@vdsvax.steinmetz.ge.com (Bruce Barnett) (01/26/89)

I have a few more questions about NeWS stuff..

1) Has anyone modified their user.ps to cause icons, when opened, to
   be in front of the other windows?

2) Does anyone know how to get the NeWS fonts printed in a document?

--
	Bruce G. Barnett 	barnett@ge-crd.ARPA, barnett@steinmetz.ge.com
				uunet!steinmetz!barnett

spock@ihlpf.ATT.COM (Weiss) (02/01/89)

In article <6664@vdsvax.steinmetz.ge.com> barnett@steinmetz.ge.com (Bruce Barnett) writes:
>I have a few more questions about NeWS stuff..
>
>1) Has anyone modified their user.ps to cause icons, when opened, to
>   be in front of the other windows?

Yes I have.  Here's what I do:

---
/NeaterWindow NeatWindow []
classbegin
        /ZoomSteps 4 def

        /flipiconic {
                /flipiconic super send
                /totop super send
        } def

        /ZoomProc {
                /Iconic? Iconic? not store
                /ZoomProc super send
                /Iconic? Iconic? not store
        } def
classend def

/DefaultWindow NeaterWindow store
---

The /flipiconic method will cause the icon or window to be put on
top when going to/from an icon.

The /ZoomProc causes the zooming effect to go the correct way.
(The zoom is performed as if going to an icon when you are going FROM
an icon, and vice versa.)

I am using NeatWindow as my base, but the changes are the same for
DefaultWindow.

>2) Does anyone know how to get the NeWS fonts printed in a document?

I havn't any idea.
--

Ed Weiss	   "I thought it was generally accepted, sir, that
att!ihlpf!spock     vulcans are an advanced and most honorable race."