[comp.windows.news] terminal emulator

toms@NCIFCRF.GOV (02/22/89)

rohlicek%bbn.com@bbn.com  (Robin Rohlicek) wrote:
> could use pointers to a few things ...
> a reasonable terminal emulator ...

Is there a NeWS terminal emulator that simulates shelltool windows?  I'm not
looking for more than running vi, but I want a quality window! The VT102
`scrolling prototype' is slow, ugly and hard on the eyes, so I only use it to
run graphics out of.  I keep a bunch of Suntool windows (shelltool) around
on my screen for normal work.  The shelltool gives reasonably clear characters
(read: could be better, but they work), a distinct background and is FAST.  All
my text work (like this letter) I do in a shelltool, but I run on top of NeWS
to get the graphics (for which I'm forced to use the prototype).

Also, what about a NeWS based debugger like dbxtool and a mail icon like
mailtool?
  Tom Schneider
  National Cancer Institute
  Laboratory of Mathematical Biology