[comp.windows.news] NextStep and NeWS...

gcd@reading.ac.uk (Garfield Dean) (04/21/89)

In article <BOB.89Apr19173149@allosaur.cis.ohio-state.edu> bob@allosaur.cis.ohio-state.edu (Bob Sutterfield) writes:
>   What interpretive language would you like to use to interact with your
>   windows?  PostScript and X11 are already done.  How about Common Lisp?
>   Smalltalk?  Forth?  Prolog?  APL?

I would like to use Pop11 with NeWS.  (For a review of Pop11 see Byte,
May 1988).  Pop has lisp-like functionality, but with Pascal style syntax.
It is a stack based language and includes data items which are like
dictionaries, arrays and objects.  Like NeWS it is fun to program with.

I feel that this would be a useful and interesting combination.

Garfield Dean.

greg@cantuar.UUCP (G. Ewing) (04/24/89)

Bob Sutterfield (bob@allosaur.cis.ohio-state.edu) writes:
>What interpretive language would you like to use to interact with your
>windows?

Scheme.

Greg Ewing				Internet: greg@cantuar.uucp
Spearnet: greg@nz.ac.cantuar		Telecom: +64 3 667 001 x8357
UUCP:	  ...!{watmath,munnari,mcvax,vuwcomp}!cantuar!greg
Post:	  Computer Science Dept, Univ. of Canterbury, Christchurch, New Zealand
Disclaimer: The presence of this disclaimer in no way implies any disclaimer.