[comp.windows.news] Testing NeWS applications.

harry@nlgvax.UUCP (Harry Wiggers) (12/14/89)

I am looking for possible tools which can be used to test complex interactive
applications using NeWS as the user interface. Ideally, the tool should
automatically simulate user actions like dragging objects, selecting menu
items, editing fields etc.

If you have experience of developing such tools or know of any existing test
tools which can be used, please let me know.

How do you test your NeWS applications?

Harry Wiggers.
received 731 b 2 secs

dgh@unify.uucp (David Harrington) (12/16/89)

In article <547@nlgvax.UUCP> harry@nlgvax.UUCP (Harry Wiggers) writes:

>I am looking for possible tools which can be used to test complex interactive
>applications using NeWS as the user interface. Ideally, the tool should
>automatically simulate user actions like dragging objects, selecting menu
>items, editing fields etc.
>
>If you have experience of developing such tools or know of any existing test
>tools which can be used, please let me know.
>
>How do you test your NeWS applications?
>
>Harry Wiggers.

I am also very interested in test strategies/tools for testing GUI
applications (in our case, a 4GL/Application Generator under Open Look).

E-mail or post, please, if you have any info.

TIA,

--
David Harrington		                       internet: dgh@unify.UUCP
Unify Corporation		                 ...!{csusac,pyramid}!unify!dgh