[comp.windows.news] Paint/Draw/Word Processing programs...???

goward@ogicse.ogc.edu (Philip Goward) (01/05/90)

 Hi!

  I'm looking for MacPaint and MacWrite style software for
  X or NeWS (preferably in the public domain).  Anyone know
  any location I can obtain these from?

   Also if anyone out there has a version of troff that runs
   under X or NeWS and the sources for it are available....

    Thanks!

     (a friend is posting this for me, so) please reply to:

      John Roberts
      robertsj@admin.ogi.edu

       or

	Cogent Research, Inc.
	1100 NW Compton Drive
	Beaverton, Oregon  97006
	(503)690-1450

robert@longs.LANCE.ColoState.Edu (Robert Thompson) (01/08/90)

In article <6478@ogicse.ogc.edu> goward@ogicse.ogc.edu (Philip Goward) writes:

> Hi!
>
>  I'm looking for MacPaint and MacWrite style software for
>  X or NeWS (preferably in the public domain).  Anyone know
>  any location I can obtain these from?
>
>   Also if anyone out there has a version of troff that runs
>   under X or NeWS and the sources for it are available....

I don't know of a word processing appliction for X (if someone does please
post the source as I am looking for the same thing)  The other applications
are available at:

	expo.lcs.mit.edu           18.30.0.212

Or just about any other comp.sources.x archive site.  Hope this helps.

Robert Thompson
Center for Computer Assisted Engineering
Colorado State University

lerici@SUPER.ORG (Peter W. Brewer) (01/09/90)

The only reasonable one I've seen that will run everywhere..
idraw from InterViews...

	Peter