[comp.windows.news] Using Sun's news archive server

bradam%corvair@Sun.COM (Brad Martinson) (02/02/90)

In article <1990Jan30.172950.23634@cs.uoregon.edu> bhelm@cs.uoregon.edu (B. Robert Helm) writes:
>We have been unable to retrieve Sun files from the NeWS archive server at
>sun.com.  Our mail reaches the archive (news-archive@sun.com), and we
>get replies and acknowledgements back.  We have also received several
>index files we have requested.  What we can't get are the actual source
>program files the server purports to contain.

The Tookit subdirectory of the NeWS Archive is all better now.  It seems
someone (okay, it was me) forgot to set the permissions of the files to
allow group and others to access them...

I've tested it and the files all come back as they should.

Sorry for the grief that any of you went through trying to get the stuff.

>Rob Helm (bhelm@cs.uoregon.edu)
>
>The opinions in this post are solely those of the author.

   Brad Martinson        Sun Microsystems        bmartinson@sun.com
#include <std/disclaimers.h>