[comp.windows.news] GraphicServers

bob@MorningStar.Com (Bob Sutterfield) (03/06/90)

In the "better late than never" department, please see the following
article in comp.newprod:

In article <32567@mcdchg.chg.mcd.mot.com> timw@osiris.osiris.oz.au (Tim Wooller) writes:
   ...The range of GraphicServers from Osiris Technology are
   PostScript based, multi-tasking network graphics terminals. They
   are compatible at the operator level with Sun Microsystem's NeWS
   [1.1] servers and Adobe's PostScript page description language...

Sounds like the alternative to X terminals that the NeWS community has
been waiting for.  Has anyone seen it yet?

timw@osiris.oz (Tim Wooller) (03/08/90)

In article <BOB.90Mar5132239@volitans.MorningStar.Com>, bob@MorningStar.Com (Bob Sutterfield) writes:

> Sounds like the alternative to X terminals that the NeWS community has
> been waiting for.  Has anyone seen it yet?

GraphicServers are new products currently in use only in Australia.
Osiris is interested in marketing these products overseas and is happy
to hold discussions to furthur this.

Osiris will be demonstrating GraphicServers at CeBIT in Hannover March
21 to 28. We will be on the Australia stand in building 6. Perhaps some
visitors will put their reports to the net.

Tim Wooller