[comp.windows.news] How to do charpath?

toms@ncifcrf.gov (Tom Schneider) (05/09/90)

Why doesn't the example of character outlines shown on page 98 of the
PostScript cookbook work on NeWS 1.0 on a Sun 4?  (It works on my
Apple Laserwriter!!)

A simplified example is:

/Helvetica-Bold findfont 30 scalefont setfont erasepage
150 400 translate .5 setlinewidth
0 0 moveto
(Outline an alphabet:) true charpath
0 -100 moveto
(abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz!) true charpath
gsave 1 setgray fill grestore
stroke
showpage

  Tom Schneider
  National Cancer Institute
  Laboratory of Mathematical Biology
  Frederick, Maryland  21701-1013
  toms@ncifcrf.gov

In article <1650@fcs280s.ncifcrf.gov> toms@fcs260c2.UUCP (Tom Schneider) writes:
>Why doesn't the example of character outlines shown on page 98 of the
>PostScript cookbook work on NeWS 1.0 on a Sun 4?  (It works on my
correction:                       1.1
How about 2.0 and X/NeWS?  Is it really true that the merge is horribly
slow?  My systems person won't touch it.  (Solid X types... is Sun ever going
to get out of the hole they dug for themselves?)