[comp.windows.news] Xframemaker in OpenLook

ks@tut.fi (Syst{ Kari) (05/25/90)

Few months ago I asked why the search window of the x-framemager (v1.3)
cannot get the focus. Now, I found a hack-hack solution. While beeing
in the search-window I must send "/ReDistribute /setfocus ClassFocus send".
The easiest way to do that is to add that to BaseFrameMenu like follows:

7 (Set Focus) null {
    /ReDistribute /setfocus ClassFocus send
} /insert OpenLookFrame /SharedBaseFrameMenu get send

PS. I'm running OpenWindows 1.0. This might be a bug which is fixed in 1.0.1,
    but I have not received it yet. Your local Sun distributer told that
    I should receive 1.0.1 automatically. Unfortunately noone seem to know
    when. Next year ?

--
This article represents my personal views.
Quote of the year: "X is the Fortran of windowing systems."

cjc@ulysses.att.com (Chris Calabrese[mav]) (05/26/90)

In article <KS.90May25151025@karikukko.tut.fi>, ks@tut.fi (Syst{ Kari) writes:

> Few months ago I asked why the search window of the x-framemager (v1.3)
> cannot get the focus. Now, I found a hack-hack solution. While beeing
> [...]
> Kari Systa, Tampere Univ. Technology, Box 527, 33101 Tampere, Finland
> work: +358 31 162585      fax: +358 31 162913      home: +358 31 177412

Hmm, this looks like framemaker isn't _asking_ for the input focus.
Most of the X window managers out there will give you the input focus
whether you ask for it or not.  The OpenLook managers from Sun
(haven't checked the AT&T one for this) only give you the focus if you
express an interest in it.  Clearly, this is a bug in framemaker.
Name:			Christopher J. Calabrese
Brain loaned to:	AT&T Bell Laboratories, Murray Hill, NJ
att!ulysses!cjc		cjc@ulysses.att.com
Obligatory Quote:	``Anyone who would tell you that would also try and sell you the Brooklyn Bridge.''