[comp.windows.news] Help key broken for tNt applications in OW2.0

bwong@cbnewsc.att.com (bruce.f.wong) (08/29/90)

My tNt application under OW1.0 responds to the Help key on the
newer SUN keyboards and the F1 key on the older keyboards.  Under
OW2.0 it doesn't seem to be notified on either of those key events.
After some snooping I discovered that $OPENWINHOME/etc/NeWS/NDE/OLUI.ps
has a section of code for processing HelpKey events but it's commented
out.  Uncommenting that code and restarting OW2.0 made no difference.

I don't have the documentation for OW2.0 so does anyone know why this
code was disabled and how can I get my tNt application to respond to
the Help key ?
--
Bruce F. Wong		ATT Bell Laboratories
att!iexist!bwong	200 Park Plaza, Rm 1B-232

berend@echo.prl.philips.nl (Berend Munneke) (09/03/90)

In article <1990Aug29.130951.9997@cbnewsc.att.com> bwong@cbnewsc.att.com (bruce.f.wong) writes:
>My tNt application under OW1.0 responds to the Help key on the
>newer SUN keyboards and the F1 key on the older keyboards.  Under
>OW2.0 it doesn't seem to be notified on either of those key events.
>After some snooping I discovered that $OPENWINHOME/etc/NeWS/NDE/OLUI.ps
>has a section of code for processing HelpKey events but it's commented
>out.  Uncommenting that code and restarting OW2.0 made no difference.

Besides what you already have done,
add the following lines to your ".startup.ps":
	UserProfile begin
		/OLFunctions? true def
	end

Berend Munneke