[comp.windows.news] HyperNeWS

chris@herbert.uucp (Chris Greve) (09/14/90)

Could someone please tell me the status of HyperNeWS and GoodNeWS, I have
version 1.3 but it does not seem to run under OpenWindows 2.0.  Has anyone
gotten HyperNeWS to run under 2.0?  Is there going to be a new version that
will work?  Thanks very much.

Chris Greve  --  EG&G, Energy Measurements  --  Remote Sensing Laboratory

UUCP:	{...}!sun!sunvegas!herbert!chris

jipping@smaug.cs.hope.edu (Mike Jipping) (09/15/90)

From chris@herbert.uucp (Chris Greve):
> Could someone please tell me the status of HyperNeWS and GoodNeWS, I have
> version 1.3 but it does not seem to run under OpenWindows 2.0.  Has anyone
> gotten HyperNeWS to run under 2.0?  Is there going to be a new version that
> will work?  Thanks very much.

I had the same problem as well -- and sent a note to the Hyper/GoodNeWS
folks.  Their reply indicated that version 1.4 that will run under OW 2.0
will be out late September.  So stay tuned...

      Mike Jipping                        Internet: jipping@cs.hope.edu
      Hope College                          BITNET: JIPPING@HOPE
      Department of Computer Science         Voice: Hey!

rudolf@turing.ac.uk (Jim Rudolf) (09/16/90)

In article <1990Sep14.170000.24502@cs.hope.edu>,
jipping@smaug.cs.hope.edu (Mike Jipping) writes:
|> From chris@herbert.uucp (Chris Greve):
|> > Could someone please tell me the status of HyperNeWS and GoodNeWS,
I have
|> > version 1.3 but it does not seem to run under OpenWindows 2.0.  Has
anyone
|> > gotten HyperNeWS to run under 2.0?  Is there going to be a new
version that
|> > will work?  Thanks very much.
|>
|> I had the same problem as well -- and sent a note to the
Hyper/GoodNeWS
|> folks.  Their reply indicated that version 1.4 that will run under OW
2.0
|> will be out late September.  So stay tuned...

This is correct.  Give us a week or two and we'll have HyperNeWS1.4 out
on
the net.  It will run under OW2.0 only.  We made the move to olwm
because
Sun is no longer supporting pswm.

------
Jim Rudolf              The Turing Institute
rudolf@turing.ac.uk