[comp.windows.news] Sun4 keypad mapping

ks@astra.ecn.purdue.edu (Kirk Smith) (11/17/90)

The keypad under Open Windows 2.0 has a different key sequence than Sunview
for 4 keypad keys, namely R8, R10, R12, & R14.  These are the four arrow
keys on the right keybad.  I have an application that expects the Sunview
key codes.  Is there a way to return to the Sunview behavior?  Would that
cause other problems?

				Kirk Smith

perand@admin.kth.se (Per Andersson) (11/18/90)

In article <1990Nov16.201712.29220@noose.ecn.purdue.edu> ks@astra.ecn.purdue.edu (Kirk Smith) writes:
>The keypad under Open Windows 2.0 has a different key sequence than Sunview
>for 4 keypad keys, namely R8, R10, R12, & R14.

Isn't this one controllable by *sunFunctionKeys: in your .Xdefaults ?
At least xterm has this option:

xterm*sunFunctionKeys: on

Per
--