[comp.compilers] Programming enviroments

steve@hubcap.clemson.edu (Steve (D.E.) Stevenson) (07/16/87)

In article <617@ima.ISC.COM>,  writes:
> In article <609@ima.ISC.COM> stevev@tekchips.tek.com (Steve Vegdahl) writes:
> >  * A good programming environment is becoming increasingly recognized
> >    as a fundamental piece of a language implemenation.
> ...  but environments are a deep dark morass.

We're working on a hypercube language here and a major consideration is some
sort of environment to design in.  In particular, the necessity for scientific
programmers to have a virtual view of the entire system as well a nodal view
is real complication.

Steve

--
Send compilers articles to ima!compilers or, in a pinch, to Levine@YALE.ARPA
Plausible paths are { ihnp4 | decvax | cbosgd | harvard | yale | cca}!ima