[comp.compilers] Grammar debugging, BNF programming

north@manta.nosc.mil (Mark H. North) (08/15/90)

Can someone point me to any PC tools to assist in debugging of grammars
and/or BNF programming?   --  Thanks

Mark
[There are a variety of parser generators that run on PCs, including GNU's
Bison, but I haven't seen anything specifically for debugging grammars. -John]
--
Send compilers articles to compilers@esegue.segue.boston.ma.us
{ima | spdcc | world}!esegue.  Meta-mail to compilers-request@esegue.

harrison@necssd.NEC.COM (Mark Harrison) (08/17/90)

In article <1990Aug15.004941.4482@esegue.segue.boston.ma.us>,
north@manta.nosc.mil (Mark H. North) writes:

> Can someone point me to any PC tools to assist in debugging of grammars
> and/or BNF programming?   --  Thanks

Try the "Compiler Design in C" book and disk by Allen Holub.  It has
a full screen parser debugger which is quite nice.
--
Mark Harrison             harrison@necssd.NEC.COM
(214)518-5050             {necntc, cs.utexas.edu}!necssd!harrison