[comp.compilers] yet another yacc query

bozsahin@oucsace.cs.ohiou.edu (Cem Bozsahin) (11/16/90)

Sorry to bother with another yacc question. I need some yacc examples that I
can use for an introductory Formal Languages/Syntactic analysis class.
Grammars for a subset of pascal or for arithmetic expressions are most
welcome. At this point, I am only interested in yacc as a recognizer, so you
need not send me the "semantic actions" .

If something similar has popped up before, I would appreciate
pointers to where I can get them.

Thanks,
Cem

-Cem Bozsahin
Computer Science Dept., Ohio University, Morton Hall 140, Athens, Ohio 45701
e-mail: bozsahin@ace.cs.ohiou.edu   phone:(614)593-1241   fax: (614)593-0053
[I have yacc parsers for C, Pascal, and a subset of Fortran available on
request.  You could chop them down. -John]
--
Send compilers articles to compilers@iecc.cambridge.ma.us or
{ima | spdcc | world}!iecc!compilers.  Meta-mail to compilers-request.

arnold@audiofax.com (Arnold Robbins) (11/19/90)

In article <9011161452.AA01858@oucsace.cs.OhioU.Edu> Cem Bozsahin <bozsahin@oucsace.cs.ohiou.edu> writes:
>... I need some yacc examples that I can use for an introductory Formal
>Languages/Syntactic analysis class.  Grammars for a subset of pascal or for
>arithmetic expressions are most welcome.

The source code for GNU Awk (gawk) has a yacc grammar for the awk language,
which includes arithmetic expressions as well as conventional control
structures.  You can get it via ftp to prep.ai.mit.edu.  And it's also at
Ohio State for uucp.
--
Arnold Robbins				AudioFAX, Inc.
2000 Powers Ferry Road, #200 / Marietta, GA. 30067