[comp.compilers] looking for ``twig''

austel@CS.UCLA.EDU (Vernon Austel) (11/24/90)

I'm looking for a compiler tool which will allow me to describe the
generation of code using tree rewriting rules.  The only one I know of is
called ``twig'', by Stephen Tjiang at AT&T; it is mentioned in the dragon
book (p. 584) and described in a recent article in TOPLAS (Oct 89).

Does anyone know if/how I can get this?  Alternatively, are there other
(hopefully public domain) tools like this available?

Vernon Austel
austel@cs.ucla.edu
--
Send compilers articles to compilers@iecc.cambridge.ma.us or
{ima | spdcc | world}!iecc!compilers.  Meta-mail to compilers-request.

hankd@ecn.purdue.edu (Hank Dietz) (11/25/90)

In article <1990Nov23.224452.6877@cs.ucla.edu> austel@CS.UCLA.EDU (Vernon Austel) writes:
>I'm looking for a compiler tool which will allow me to describe the
>generation of code using tree rewriting rules.

The next release of PCCTS will include both semi-automatic generation
of the trees (given a grammar for a source language) and a tool to do
code generation from them....  Watch for the announcement -- the public
domain release should be within a couple of months.

							-hankd