[comp.compilers] Restarting lex portably

vern@daffy.ee.lbl.gov (Vern Paxson) (02/21/91)

In article <9102162312.AA03862@pepsi.eng.umd.edu> buzzard@eng.umd.edu (Sean Barrett) writes:
>Is there a way to start lex processing a new file when the
>previous one was *not* processed all the way to end-of-file?
>flex provides yyrestart(FILE *f), but ... is unclear whether
>[it needs to have reached EOF on the previous file first.]

It is not a precondition.  I'll correct the documentation with the
next (2.4) release (no time estimate as to when that'll be, yet,
except "summer").  If you have problems with yyrestart() let me know.

		Vern

	Vern Paxson				vern@ee.lbl.gov
	Real Time Systems			ucbvax!ee.lbl.gov!vern
	Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory		(415) 486-7504
--
Send compilers articles to compilers@iecc.cambridge.ma.us or
{ima | spdcc | world}!iecc!compilers.  Meta-mail to compilers-request.