[comp.std.unix] Internet access to POSIX draft standards

mwarren@granite.cr.bull.com (Mark Warren) (02/01/90)

From: mwarren@granite.cr.bull.com (Mark Warren)

I have a order form for the various 1003.xyz drafts, but before I send my
money, is there any ftp access to these documents?  I'd really rather have
them on-line instead of on-paper.  If anyone knows for certain that this
is NOT available, please let me know that also, so I can go ahead and send
the order form.

Also, is it possible to get on mailling lists relating to discussions within
the standards groups?

Thanks for the help,
  --  Mark Warren                         Bull HN Information Systems Inc.  --
  --                                      300 Concord Road   MS820A         --
  --  mwarren@granite.cr.bull.com         Billerica, MA 01821               --

Volume-Number: Volume 18, Number 34

donn@hpfcrn.hp.com (Donn Terry) (02/04/90)

From: Donn Terry <donn@hpfcrn.hp.com>

>From: mwarren@granite.cr.bull.com (Mark Warren)
>
>I have a order form for the various 1003.xyz drafts, but before I send my
>money, is there any ftp access to these documents?  I'd really rather have
>them on-line instead of on-paper.  If anyone knows for certain that this
>is NOT available, please let me know that also, so I can go ahead and send
>the order form.
>
>Also, is it possible to get on mailling lists relating to discussions within
>the standards groups?

The drafts are not generally available in machine-readable format due to IEEE
copyright considerations.  (There are sound reasons behind this, having to
do with potential abuse, not just "policy" issues.)

There are mailing lists.  However, as I don't know the current status
of who is maintaining them, I won't give you a contact (out of respect
for the other guy's mailbox).  Will someone who is current (I cc'd this
note) please chime in.

Donn Terry (as an individual, more-or-less).

Donn

Volume-Number: Volume 18, Number 43