[comp.std.unix] Shipping Perl

jgd@rsiatl.uucp (John G. DeArmond) (07/20/90)

From:  jgd@rsiatl.uucp (John G. DeArmond)

domo@tsa.co.uk (Dominic Dunlop) writes:

>>So, how can perl get into Domain/OS, the Apollo software release?  Well,
>>since we, like most other big companies, follow the policy of jumping on whatev
>er
>>standards bandwagons come down the pike, if perl makes it into Posix, 1003.?, O
>SF,
>>the next Berkeley distribution, or whatever, then we will pick it up.  However,
> I'm
>>afraid that perl might be just a little too late for any of these efforts.
>>
>>I've taken a shot at it here at HP/Apollo.  What about other companies?  If I c
>an
>>say that our competition is shipping perl, that might swing some weight.

[repeat after me "hit <enter> after 79 columns :-)]

One of my clients is GTE and they'll be shipping Perl the next release
of one of their major products.  contact me by email if you are
interested in the details.

Sounds like all you REALLY gotta do is get your lawyers to READ the
LICENSE.  Even a dumb lawyer can understand it.

John

--
John De Armond, WD4OQC  | We can no more blame our loss of freedom on congress
Radiation Systems, Inc. | than we can prostitution on pimps.  Both simply

Volume-Number: Volume 20, Number 137