[comp.std.unix] X/Open

andrewd@sematech.tamu.edu (Andrew Duchowski) (09/13/90)

Submitted-by: andrewd@sematech.tamu.edu (Andrew Duchowski)

Anybody,

I am looking for the address and telephone number to X/Open Company Ltd.
As an example of this you may want to refer to "The Portability Guide",
written by this company.  I forget the publisher, but I did take a look
at this manual, and to my surprise there was no mention of how to get
in touch with this company.  Also, I have read some articles in "Data Decisions"
and "Data Communications" magazines, neither of which mention X/Open's
address, although they do mention X/Open.  I was even able to find the
name of the CEO of this company at one point.

Specifically, I am looking for the "Object Management Aplication
Program Interface" usually referred to as OM API, which is somewhat
similar to the X.400 API document (also produced by X/Open).  These actually
go hand in hand.

Can anyone help me with this problem?
Andrew.

Volume-Number: Volume 21, Number 104

dowlati@mips2.cr.bull.com (Saadat Dowlati) (09/14/90)

Submitted-by: dowlati@mips2.cr.bull.com (Saadat Dowlati)

In article <513@usenix.ORG> andrewd@sematech.tamu.edu (Andrew Duchowski) writes:
>I am looking for the address and telephone number to X/Open Company Ltd.
>As an example of this you may want to refer to "The Portability Guide",
>written by this company.  I forget the publisher, but I did take a look
>at this manual, and to my surprise there was no mention of how to get
>in touch with this company.  Also, I have read some articles in "Data Decisions"
>and "Data Communications" magazines, neither of which mention X/Open's
>address, although they do mention X/Open.  I was even able to find the
>name of the CEO of this company at one point.
>
>Specifically, I am looking for the "Object Management Aplication
>Program Interface" usually referred to as OM API, which is somewhat
>similar to the X.400 API document (also produced by X/Open).  These actually
>go hand in hand.

I can't help you with your specific query, but from page:ii of any of the
XPG3 volumes:

Any comments relating to the material contained in the X/Open Portability
Guide Issue 3 may be submitted to the X/Open Group at:
	X/Open Company Limited
	Abbots House
	Abbey street
	Reading
	Berkshire, RG1 3BD
	United Kingdom

or by Electronic Mail to:
	xpg3@xopen.co.uk

BTW, the publisher of XPG3 in the US is Prentice-Hall, Inc.
--
Saadat Dowlati		   Affiliation:	Bull HN Information Systems, Inc.
Voice:	(508) 294-3426			300 Concord Road, MA30-826A

Volume-Number: Volume 21, Number 105

andrewd@sematech.tamu.edu (Andrew Duchowski) (09/15/90)

Submitted-by: andrewd@sematech.tamu.edu (Andrew Duchowski)

If anyone's interested in the X/Open documents:

I finally tracked down the right people to contact.
Omnicom Inc. are the publishers who will gladly ship out
the desired document (in my case the Object Management API
Specification - part of X.400 Specification) for a small fee
(in my case the doc. itself will be $18, plus shipping).
The address is listed below:

Omnicom Inc.
115 Park Street SE
Vienna, VA
22180

(703) 281-1135

Andrew.

Volume-Number: Volume 21, Number 110

decot@hpisod2.cup.hp.com (Dave Decot) (09/22/90)

Submitted-by: decot@hpisod2.cup.hp.com (Dave Decot)

> I can't help you with your specific query, but from page:ii of any of the
> XPG3 volumes:
>
> Any comments relating to the material contained in the X/Open Portability
> Guide Issue 3 may be submitted to the X/Open Group at:
> 	X/Open Company Limited
> 	Abbots House
> 	Abbey street
> 	Reading
> 	Berkshire, RG1 3BD
> 	United Kingdom
>
> or by Electronic Mail to:
> 	xpg3@xopen.co.uk

X/Open itself has moved to the following address:

    X/Open, Ltd.
    Apex Plaza
    Forbury Road
    Reading
    Berkshire, RG1 1AX
    United Kingdom

The email address also works, but only in the UK.

>From the US (and elsewhere), this Internet address will work:

   xpg3%xopen.co.uk@hplb.hpl.hp.com

Dave Decot

Volume-Number: Volume 21, Number 126