[comp.sys.masscomp] Pixel dump for Masscomp -> LaserJet+

wayne@teemc.UUCP (//ichael R. //ayne) (05/06/88)

In article <3424@soma.bcm.tmc.edu> yrsel@prodix.liu.se (Lars }ke Ydreskog) writes:

>We are working with a MC 5500 and a 19 inches color screen.
>We have heard rumours of someone who has developed software
>for dumping the screen on a laserprinter. If someone has,
>or has heard about, such a program we would be interested
>to know about it and maybe have one sent over.

	I developed such a beast while working (under contract) for Ford Motor
Company.  It worked with the "normal" Masscomp graphics (not Aurora or
Internal) and dumped to a HP LaserJet+.  You would have to contact Ford
to find out if they wish to release it.  You can try:

{pyramid | philabs }!fmsrl7!fmsrl8!conle (Al Conle)
(your favorite router should know fmsrl7)

for information.  If you never get a reply, you may contact me and I will
investigate.  Please include a reasonable reply address in either case (a
complete path, if possible, for Al).  When you contact Ford, you should
also mention my name or include this message so that Al knows where you got
the information.

/\/\ \/\/
- --
Michael R. Wayne      ---      TMC & Associates      ---      wayne@teemc.uucp
INTERNET: wayne%teemc.uucp@umix.cc.umich.edu            uunet!umix!teemc!wayne

[Mike, are "normal" masscomp graphics SP-40 or SP-45? -- sob]

dhb@ames.arc.nasa.gov (David Bilitch) (05/08/88)

I have one to dump to a QMS Lasergraphix laser printer.  It works for
GA1000 and GA800.  I haven't tried an Integral GP.  In addition, I have
an incomplete SP-45 filter for the same.  The former should be relatively
easy to recode for the LaserJet.  The later uses the vector capability of
the QMS.  Let me know if you want a copy.

Dave Bilitch
CALTECH
ARPA: dhb@bek-mc.caltech.edu
UUCP: dhb@bek-mc.UUCP, ...!cit-vax!bek-mc!dhb