[comp.sys.masscomp] Smail woes

bcx@eeg.UUCP (06/07/88)

I just installed smail here and found that masscomp's mailx seems to
hang when lower-case r replying to mail sent by local users. I tried
the mailx.rc trick of "set sendmail=/bin/mail" but it still hangs. The
only fix I could muster was to modify smail to never add "(Full Name)"
to the "From:" line. This is only a problem for replying to local
mail. Little r replying to outside mail doesn't have this problem.
I'd appreciate any tips from folks who have successuflly installed
smail on a masscomp. (PS. This is smail 2.5).

Thanks,
Bryan Costales, Senior Systems Programmer, EEG Systems Laboratory
1855 Folsom St, Suite 610, San Francisco, Ca 94103 (415) 621-8343
{pacbell,lll-winken}!eeg!bcx

ara@prodix.liu.se (Anders Rantila) (06/20/88)

In article <3457@soma.bcm.tmc.edu> bcx@eeg.UUCP writes:

>I just installed smail here and found that masscomp's mailx seems to
>hang when lower-case r replying to mail sent by local users.

 We are using sendmail (with The IDA Sendmail Enhancement Kit), but
due to some problems with mailx, we had to switch to mush instead
of mailx.

		/Anders

--
 =-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=
 AEGIS  - Just say no !!!                             Anders Rantila

[ I would point out that those of you who are currently using sendmail
will continue to have to support it yourself. MMDF is to be the supported
mailer from MASSCOMP. If you are planning to make heavy use of electronic
mail, I'd suggest getting the MMDFIIB kit and installing it (or waiting until
the released MMDF comes from MASSCOMP this fall). This way your experiences
will be transferable to the supported product when it comes available.

The MASSCOMP USERS' Society intends to help users with MMDF to make
connection with USENET and each other. We will not be support sendmail
(officially) either. -- sob]