[comp.sys.masscomp] sendmail problem

tahsin%rd-atlas@altura.honeywell.com (Tahsin Choudhuri) (04/03/89)

I am running RTU-4.0 on Masscomp 5400. After lots of trials and errors got
the sendmail to work. But, I still can't figure out the following two
errors. If anybody else had this problem and got it fixed, I would greatly
appreciate to know what should be done.

1) Everytime I send a mail after pressing CTL-D first thing I notice a message:
   Cannot open /dev/console: Error 0.

   I get this message also, if I just do 'mailq'. But, the mail gets
   delivered OK. Whats causing this error message ?

   -rwsr-xr-x   3 root     bin       125178 Mar 18  1988 /usr/lib/sendmail
   crw-rw-rw-   1 root     sys        0,  0 Mar 27 16:00 /dev/console

2) When I *receive* a mail from another machine (e.g Sun ) on the network
   I receive it OK, except the '@' sign in From lines get replaced by '!' why ?

   | From atlas!tahsin Mon Mar 27 16:15:48 CST 1989
   | Date: Mon, 27 Mar 89 16:14:21 CST
   | From: atlas!tahsin (Tahsin Choudhuri)
   | To: tahsin@athena
   | Subject: Re:  testing
   |
   | test

   But, when I send mail from Masscomp to a Sun those '@' don't get
   replaced. Anything I can change on sendmail.cf that would solve this ?

Thanks in advance for your help. Please, email directly if possible.

--
Tahsin 	Choudhuri	      ARPA: tahsin%rd-atlas@src.honeywell.com
Honeywell Inc. ResD MN 55422  UUCP: uunet!rutgers!umn-cs!srcsip!rd-atlas!tahsin

The MASSCOMP USERS' SOCIETY newsgroup is comp.sys.masscomp.
Articles to: masscomp@soma.bcm.tmc.edu or uunet!soma.bcm.tmc.edu!masscomp
Administrative stuff: masscomp-request@soma.bcm.tmc.edu
Stan Barber, Moderator