[comp.sys.apollo] GNU Emacs

krowitz@mit-kermit.UUCP.UUCP (04/28/87)

Is the release of GNU emacs for the Apollos which was sent to ADUS
just the changes, or does it include a ready to run editor? If not,
where can we get the necessary sources?

                                   -- David Krowitz

mit-erl!mit-kermit!krowitz@eddie.mit.edu
mit-erl!mit-kermit!krowitz@mit-eddie.arpa
krowitz@mit-mc.arpa
(in order of decreasing preference)

srt@CS.UCLA.EDU (04/29/87)

>Is the release of GNU emacs for the Apollos which was sent to ADUS
>just the changes, or does it include a ready to run editor? If not,
>where can we get the necessary sources?

The tar file Leonard Zukoff has made available is just the changes.  GNU
Emacs is available from prep.ai.mit.edu, in the file /u2/emacs/edist.tar.
There is also a compressed version, though I couldn't get a clean copy of
that (if you do grab the compressed version, remember that you'll have to
decompress it on a UNIX machine - it won't decompress on an Apollo).  Also,
when grabbing tar files, make sure to set your FTP mode to binary.

If you can't FTP, you can order it directly from the Free Software
Foundation, at a cost of $150 for a tape containing GNU emacs, GDB,
MIT Scheme, Hack, Bison (yacc), the X window system and GNU chess.  For
an additional $15 you can get a manual.

The FSF address is:

        Free Software Foundation
        1000 Mass Ave
        Cambridge, MA 02138

                                                        -SSS

mg@cidam.me.rmit.oz (Mike A. Gigante) (05/03/87)

In article <8704291831.AA19704@zeus.CS.UCLA.EDU>, srt@CS.UCLA.EDU writes:

> >Is the release of GNU emacs for the Apollos which was sent to ADUS
> >just the changes, or does it include a ready to run editor? [...]
>
> The tar file Leonard Zukoff has made available is just the changes.
>[...]
> If you can't FTP, you can order it directly from the Free Software
> Foundation, at a cost of $150 for a tape containing GNU emacs, GDB,
> MIT Scheme, Hack, Bison (yacc), the X window system and GNU chess.  For
> an additional $15 you can get a manual.
>[..]
>                                                         -- Scott

Does the tape from FSF contain all the latest Apollo specific
changes (esp Leonard's)?

Or do I need to get hold of some diff files from ADUS?  I'm specifically
concerned about GNU emacs and X windows.

Mike Gigante

munnari!cidam.oz!mg@seismo.css.gov
...!seismo!munnari!cidam.oz!mg

P.S. if someone from ADUS is reading, I've tried to contact apollo!adus
without success, can you try the reverse route please?