[comp.sys.apollo] RGB to NTSC

Ok, ok, my mailbox is full, gimmee a break, here it is:

RGB (1280x1024) to NTSC converter seen at SIGGRAPH:

   Photron Limited
   Jingumae 6-12-15,
   Shibuya-Ku,
   Tokyo 150
   Japan

Price quoted was about $20K.

Phone: Tokyo (03)486-3471
Fax:         (03)486-8760 (GIII)

The question came form the Apollo group, but I've seen similar requests
from .graphics, hence the X-posting.

Disclaimer: Yeah, like I own stock in Photron. Rilly.

--
Richard Sexton
INTERNET:     richard@gryphon.CTS.COM

"It's too dark to put the key in my ignition..."

dp@JASPER.PALLADIAN.COM (Jeffrey Del Papa) (08/13/87)

    Date: 11 Aug 87 22:33:07 GMT
    From: ucsdhub!hp-sdd!ncr-sd!crash!gryphon!richard@sdcsvax.ucsd.edu  (Richard Sexton)

    Ok, ok, my mailbox is full, gimmee a break, here it is:

    RGB (1280x1024) to NTSC converter seen at SIGGRAPH:

       Photron Limited
       Jingumae 6-12-15,
       Shibuya-Ku,
       Tokyo 150
       Japan

    Price quoted was about $20K.

querey: This thing deals with the conversion to lower resolution? or does it just
produce a high speed ntsc signal? (which I have seen with some sort of a HDTV demo
system.)

<dp>

In article <870812173133.2.DP@BANFF.PALLADIAN.COM> Jeffrey Del Papa <DP%JASPER@LIVE-OAK.LCS.MIT.EDU> writes:

>    Date: 11 Aug 87 22:33:07 GMT
>    From: ucsdhub!hp-sdd!ncr-sd!crash!gryphon!richard@sdcsvax.ucsd.edu  (Richard Sexton)
>
>    Ok, ok, my mailbox is full, gimmee a break, here it is:
>
>    RGB (1280x1024) to NTSC converter seen at SIGGRAPH:
>
>       Photron Limited
>       Jingumae 6-12-15,
>       Shibuya-Ku,
>       Tokyo 150
>       Japan
>
>    Price quoted was about $20K.
>
>querey: This thing deals with the conversion to lower resolution? or does it just
>produce a high speed ntsc signal? (which I have seen with some sort of a HDTV demo
This thing has two modes: one that converts 1280 x 1024 RGB to 1024 x 512 NTSC,
and another mode that takes a 640 x 480 window from the (middle of the ?)
screen and converts that to NTSC.