[comp.sys.apollo] SR9.7 & TCP

adam@hyper.lap.upenn.edu (Adam Feigin) (12/10/87)

A word to the wise:

We just got an 'official' SR9.7 release tape from Apollo...
For those running BSD TCP/IP (version 3.0)....

DO NOT INSTALL SR9.7 if your current version of TCP works
without any problems. SR9.7 will break your TCP !!! I have
tested this extensively on my machines and things that worked
under 9.5 & 9.6 are broken under 9.7 !!!

						Adam

ARPAnet: {root,adam}@{hyper,apollo}.lap.upenn.edu
UUCP: {harvard,decwrl,rutgers,ihnp4}!super.upenn.edu!hyper.lap.upenn.edu!adam

                                                      Adam Feigin
						   Network Administrator
					         Language Analysis Project
					         University of Pennsylvania

kwongj@caldwr.caldwr.gov (James Kwong) (12/11/87)

In article <2761@super.upenn.edu>, adam@hyper.lap.upenn.edu (Adam Feigin) writes:
> A word to the wise:
>
> We just got an 'official' SR9.7 release tape from Apollo...
> For those running BSD TCP/IP (version 3.0)....
>
> DO NOT INSTALL SR9.7 if your current version of TCP works
> without any problems. SR9.7 will break your TCP !!! I have
> tested this extensively on my machines and things that worked
> under 9.5 & 9.6 are broken under 9.7 !!!
>
> 						Adam

Can you please elaborate more on what will 'break' in TCP if you update
to SR9.7.

We've obtained an 'un-official' copy of SR9.7 and installed in on
two of our machines. (DN3000s, BSD4.2 TCP v.3.0 w/patches). So far
we've encounted no problems with TCP.

Thanks

James Kwong
1416 9 th Street Rm. 249
Sacramento, CA 95802
(916) 322-9430
Calif. Depart. of Water Resources     ucdavis.edu!caldwr!kwongj (Internet)
                                     ...!ucbvax!ucdavis!caldwr!kwongj (UUCP)
"Our program who art in memory, HELLO be thy name.. "
Disclaimer:
         The opinions expressed above are mine, not those of the State
         of California or the California Department of Water Resources.