[comp.sys.apollo] WANTED... OSF!!

jeffh@weycord.WEYCO.COM (05/26/88)

How about a new subject:

       comp.os.osf
       -and/or-
       comp.std.osf

I'm glad to see some REAL direction in a standard...

Jeff Harrell
hpubvwa!weycord!jeffh
(206) 927-9268

benoni@ssc-vax.UUCP (Charles L Ditzel) (06/02/88)

in article <5910001@weycord.WEYCO.COM>, jeffh@weycord.WEYCO.COM says:
> How about a new subject:
>        comp.os.osf
>        -and/or-
>        comp.std.osf
Why talk about something that doesn't exist????????????
If ever vaporware existed here it is ....
Why don't you wait your mandatory 18+ months for OSF Unix to
come out....(while we all have fun with the real thing :-) )

(I mean let's get serious ;-) about Apollo's Unix adventures -
AUX->Domain/IX->SR10(in a class of its own)->AIX.....:-)

> I'm glad to see some REAL direction in a standard...
I have to admit I am laughing...while I write this...

marc@apollo.uucp (Marc Gibian) (06/09/88)

In article <1972@ssc-vax.UUCP> benoni@ssc-vax.UUCP (Charles L Ditzel) writes:

>marketshare and Sun will continue to gain ... simply on quality.  Apollo can
>deliver their workstation according to their flyer within 3-4 weeks...Sun has
>a backlog of orders...their is a reason for this...quality...I know I use

It is amazing how excellent performance can be construed as failure.