[comp.sys.apollo] filetype restrictions ...

conliffe@CAEN.ENGIN.UMICH.EDU (Darryl C. Conliffe) (08/20/88)

	Date: 19 Aug 88 06:32:25 GMT
	From: mkhaw@teknowledge-vaxc.arpa
	Subject: Re: Ohhhhh Boyyyy!!

[ .. deleted .. ]

	Also notice that Domain/IX now obeys filetype restrictions (bletch!)?
	For example, if you "cpscr > screendump"; "cat screendump" or "od
	screendump" give you "screendump: Is a directory" (how's that for an
	accurate error message?).  Give me uninterpreted streams of bytes, please!
	This is no "object-oriented" file system, it's a #$%^&* facist strongly-typed
	file system.

	Mike Khaw

Mike, have you ever opened an edit pad on an object file and then
tried to go to the end of it?  I, for one, would rather not repeat
that experience.  Don't lose that capability, Apollo!

 Darryl C. Conliffe  conliffe@caen.engin.umich.edu  (313) 721-6069